Tuesday 13 November 2007

this and that

hello everyone how are you all.

yes i am still here, reading all of your journals daily as the alerts appear in my email in box or pop up on the screen.

have been having quite a rough time here of late. mostly problems with charlie boy and his new school. i was phoned last week to say he had had an accident and could i go up.....i said ok i will be as quick as i can...they said please asap there is an ambulance on ots way!

so off i race and get to school. no ambulance to be seen so i calmed down a bit. started walking through the school with a very worried receptionist. "it cant be that bad if i beat an ambulance" i said.....they are up the field with him already, was the reply i got!

so i ran....and ran....and ran. how i didnt pass out i will never know.

he was on a spinal board when i got there with neck colar on and loads of straps to keep him imoblised.

they then went on to give him morphine. at this point i was close to collapse myself.

went to the hospital and after he had been checked over by the doctor, while we were waiting to have xrays, he told me what had really happened. an older boy, year 11, picked him up and threw him to the ground as he thought my boy had spat at a girl!

you can imagine how i reacted.

i straight away phoned the school and told them what had happened and named the boy who had assulted mine.

we were finally discharged, although they wanted to keep him in for observation, with a wiplash and concussion, with strick instructions to have him with me at all time over the next few hours.

he still hasnt gone back to school as he is refusing to go...who can blame him.

on a nicer not we are off on our holiday to Orlando on the 26th November, so less that 2 weeks now! any good advice for me as regards to the travelling and things to do will be greatly welcomed!

take care everyone

still love you all lots!

Joanne

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG Jo, I hope Charlie is ok now ,what did the school say ? no I dont blame him not wanting to go back to school ,Orlando wow ,have fun ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Oh, I had a similiar experience with my little Joe, an older boy at the Boy's Club (whose dad was a cop) decided to try a choke hold on my son. Cut off his air, and the brat let him fall backwards to the hard cement without even trying to catch him. Scariest time of my life I tell you...ambulance, head Xrays etc. etc...He was okay after a couple of days. The father of the boy showed up and of course did not want me to press any kind charges against his angel. But who taught him the choke hold? Anyway it cost over $2,000 in medical costs and the Boys club paid it because of their lack of supervision. I know exactly how you felt...more popped grey hair...take care dear...love, Sandi

Anonymous said...

Joanne I do hope Charlie is OK now ~ I can understand him not wanting to go back to school ~ I hope that older boy dosn't get away with this ~ You havn't got long before your holiday the only advice I can give you is leave your troubles here in the UK and enjoy yourself and don't forget to pack your camera :o) ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Good grief I would have been panick stricken.I hope action is taken over this Joanne and I hope Charley makes a speedy recovery.You have a fantastic Holiday,safe journeys there and back and watch how much you order when eating out as the portions are enormous LOL.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

how awful!

Anonymous said...

That is terrible! poor kid! What a blow to his confidence too...you will have to have twice as much fun now to make up for it  ;-)...it looks like the weather will be fine...like i said a bit chilly in the mornings and evenings so jeans wouldn't go amiss...you'll find lots to do..things are cheaper here..cinema tickets are only about $10 so you could do that..there's the theme parks of course and then putt putt golf..arcades..shops..more shops..etc etc..i will email you my home phone number in case you are in need of anything okay??

Hugs
Lyn

Anonymous said...

That's terrible.  Hopefully your holiday can help to settle your minds about things and maybe Charlie boy will be happier to go back to school.

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

Lovely to see you again Joanne, but so sorry to hear that Charlie has had a bad time at school.......why are some kids so nasty???!! They need sorting out big time and I don't blame Charlie for not wanting to go to school! Keep in touch sweetheart and let me know how things are going, love Joan

Anonymous said...

What a terrible thing to happen.  I hope Charlie is feeling better now and I also hope some action has been taken over the boy that threw him

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/