Sunday 6 November 2005

fireworks

good morning to everyone.

I hope you are all having a totally brilliant weekend.

Last night i took my son charlie boy to watch banger racing and fireworks at a stadium near to us. We had a totally excellent time. It was lovely to spend quality time with my boy...just the 2 of us... and thousands of other people, who we didn't know so they don't count!

The racing was really good and we saw several car crashes. I felt like i was 10 again. Quite a few of the adults must of thought i was a bit strange as i was jumping about and laughing like all the kids! Never mind you can tell i don't get out enough!!

They also had a stunt attempt. A man tried to drive a robin reliant through 10 caravans that were parked end to end. He only managed to get half way but it was good anyway. I felt quite sorry for him as a few people booed when he failed...I would like to of seen them try!

To finish the evening they had £5000 of fireworks. It was a really great evening and i have promised my boy we will go again soon...although not too much as it then stops being a special treat!

We came home to dear mummy, my babysitter for the evening, and the ONLY person i trust to look after my kids...apart from my bestest friend miss Clarabel!

This is where i become upset and rant and rave...sorry to you all now!

BLOODY PEOPLE WHO SET FIREWORKS OFF TILL MIDNIGHT IN A BUILT UP AREA ARE SO INCONSIDERATE TO OTHERS!!

That feels better already. I have had to sit in my house for the best part of a week now listening to bangers going off at a completely ridiculous hour. It will carry on for days as yet so chances are i will become more and more frustrated on this matter.

What bothers me more than anything is that these fireworks are probably being set off by kids and are not being done the correct way. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy fireworks as much as the next person...in the correct setting!

If i didn't have Bet-Bet and Baby Bryce i probably wouldn't let it wind me up so much, its just that the constant banging disturbs them. Bet-Bet doesn't like the load bangs as she doesn't understand...and Baby is a a baby so he can't work it out either!

Oh well we will have to put up with it for a few more days i expect then we will return to peace and quiet again!

Today is a bit of a sad day for me. It is 19 years since my lovely grandad passed over, so i will be thinking about that a lot today. I will visit mum and give her a great big hug...she will know what it is for. I couldn't imagine my life without them with me...I really don't know what i will do when that day comes. November is a bad month for me as it is also when my nanny died. I always seem to take a big nose dive about now. It always scares me when i feel like this. When nanna first died it tipped me over the edge and i had a full blown breakdown so i worry that it will happen again. i must think positive thought's...please keep reminding me of this! Happy thoughts are better i know but sometimes.......................

I hope you all enjoy your weekend.

Love and hugs to you all

grandad forever in my heart and always in my thoughts...you would of loved my babies...and they would of loved you. miss you still so much. kiss nanny for me. xXx

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joanne....fireworks will still going off here at 2.30 this morning!!!! Just hope whoever was doing it was not in a state of inebriation after a nightclub cos that could have been nasty!

Anonymous said...

Hi There,

Sure sounds like you had a great time...that's great.  
So sorry about the fireworks going off so late...hope it all ends soon.  
I know how you feel about your Granddads passing..keep the memories fresh in your mind...and heart...he will never be gone.
Hugs
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Joanne, so glad you had a good time at the racing, It's lovely having time with your children, shame they booed the chappie in  the Robin Reliant  - mind it would have been a miracle if he had made it....Organised Fireworks displays are lovely, pity they sell them to the public - some of which cannot resist lighting them at ungodly hours..Please keep thinking positive thoughts.......Ally

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice time. My Nemesis is a fireworks person, but hey boys will be boys.

:)

Gabreael

http://journals.aol.com/gabreaelinfo/GabreaelsBodyMindSpiritJournal/

Anonymous said...

This fireworks thing in the UK sounds like the USA around the 4th of July.  It goes on for days before and after and drives those of us who have to get up for work each morning..CRAZY !! This last year I heard them in my neighborhood  over a week after the 4th and as late as 1am or 2am.  It really gets to be too much.  Even in towns where they are banned..the idiots still shoot them off at risk of a huge fine if caught. And the hospital emergency rooms are full of injured people who've blown a finger off or whatever. It sounds like you have good grandparent memories like I do.  I miss them as well as my mom and dad.  It never goes away...

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your grandad and your nan (((((((((((hugs)))))))))) please don't worry you have so many friends and your children to see you through the difficult times :-)  

Anonymous said...

Isn't it annoying, having fireworks go off for hours every night for a week.  Like you, I enjoy fireworks in the right setting, but I could definately do without them making me jump all the time, and worrying my boy!  
(((((((((())))))))))'s to you hon.
Sara   x