Sunday 29 January 2006

update on charlie

Good morning everyone

Just wanted to let all my friends know how Charlie is doing. He had a very peacefull night and seemed to sleep soundly. I on the other hand was up most of the night listening to him and poking him every so often to make sure he was improving. He was very hot about 9pm last night and had a temp of 40.3 so i was undecided as to wether i should ring for help but decided that maybe just keeping an eye on him would be better. Think he had to get worse before he got better to be honest. It didn't help that when he had all his medication last night that he was sick.

Anyway, His fever has now broken, he's eaten some icecream and has started to drink a little so the signs are all good at the moment.

Have decided that school is a definite no no till next monday as i want him here with me where i can keep my eye on him. School is also in for a mouthfull as he says he told them how ill he felt during the day on thursday and they told him that he would be ok...how wrong were they! If my kids are ill I want to know ASAP!

Haven't had anymore fighting for his breath so the steroids are still in the bottle, lets hope it stays that way!

I am in the process of cooking a lovely roast and so my house smells lovely, i'm hoping he will eat a little for me later.

I'll speak to you all very very soon and thatnks for all your lovely messages to my dear charlie....i so almost lost him on friday...he even told me he thought he was going to die....best to not think about it i think or it will drive me insane.

Love you all lots

JOANNE

p.s... my mum has been a rock this past few days and has helped me no end. THANKS MUMMY I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART.

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to know that he seems to be improving.  School is a definite NO at the moment, schools are full of bugs right now.  Two of our local schools have had to close it is that bad. Would love to share your roast lol

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the great update...and the good news about Charlie.  You sound better too.  So happy your Mom has been there and has been your rock as you said.  The school situation sounds like many here...you just need to stay on top of them...this best never happen again.  Give them warning!
Many hugs and my prayers have been answered for you and your family...love you!
Joyce

Anonymous said...

So pleased Charlie is so much better today ,I hope he keeps improving ,its great your Mum is so supportive ,thanks for letting us know .........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I think you're right Joanne, it had to get worse before it got better, you must have been terribly worried but it sounds like Charlie is on the slow mend which is very good to hear.  Enjoy your roast. Hope Charlie is smiling a little this morning.Rache xx

Anonymous said...

So pleased he is feeling a little better, they do like to scare us don't they

Anonymous said...

I'm so pleased that Charlie is ok - how scary that he felt he was going to die :-(  At least he's on the mend so there is no need to dwell on that!