Sunday 9 April 2006

spots spots spots!

hi everybody.....hope you are all well.

before anything i ned to appologise for my typing....i am deprived of sleep at the moment...you will soon find out why!

my poor little baby bryce is covered from head to toe in chickenpox! he has spent the last 48 hours just laying on my lap totally naked! they look so big on his little body. they are worse around his bum but i think thats because of the nappy. He seems a little better today although there are loads more new spots that have appeared during the night.we will see how he goes during the day, might take him to see his nanny and grandad for a bit later just to break the day up a little! wont take him anywhere public though as he is still contagious and would hate to pass it on to somebody else.

mum came and sat for a while last night as i have been housebound due to the chickenpox being SO contagious, and needed time out, so i went to the indian with Shane for a couple of hours. Came home expecting to find Baby awake....haha he was sound asleep! He did sleep for most of last night but i was awake waiting for him to wake.

luckily Bethany and Charlie have both had the pox before as they are both away this week. Charlie is going to west runton in norfolk to a camp for 3 nights. I'm dreading it as he has never been away from me before apart from when he stays with my mum and dad...it will be very quiet without him. He will be going with his young carers group on a mimi bus so please all think of be tomorrow at 12:30 as my boy goes off on his own...think i will cry...know i will cry....feel like crying now! how silly is that! he is growing up!

he will be home late thursday afternoon. Bethany is going for a respite stay in stowmarket on friday till sunday. wont cry about that as she has been going for 2 years now and loves it! will have to go collect her on the sunday morning.

so my house is going to feel very strange for the next week! half my workload will go and there will be no fighting!!!!!

Havent really got anything else to report to you all....apart from i'm exhausted!...but thats part of being a mummy!

must go now and put baby in another bicarbonite of soda bath to ease the itching

love you all lots and lots...you really are the bestest friends i have!

JOANNE

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear that Bryce has chicken pox, hope he gets well soon!! My two caught it from me.....I was 31 when I caught chicken pox and it was bad, I think though I had infected half of North London as I had been at a single parents disco the night before all the spots came out, LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Joanne hope little Bryce soon feels better ~ and you are able to relax and get some rest ~ Charlie will have a lovely time at West Runton ~ it is not very far from where I live ~ and with Bethany going for a respite stay to somewhere you know she loves ~ you really will be able to relax ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Hope Bryce will soon get better and that you can get some rest. Helen

Anonymous said...

Little Bryce is in my prayers for the pox to clear up fast...I know what you are going through with his spots and itching...been there done that with six kids here...2 grown of my own and all 4 grandkids.  It is so normal to want to cry when they go somewhere...do it...you are just a good ole normal Mom!!!  A good one too!!!
Hugs and love for a wonderful week ahead...give Bryce a big hug from me!!!
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Oh Joanne you get it all dont you ?I'm sure Charlie will love his little holiday ,and we know Bethany will ,Hope you can get a well earned break with Shane ,'Look after her Shane '............Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Have had those Joanne, they're not nice, ((( hugs for Bryce )))......out comes the pink lotion if they still use that:)  Take care, have a good time Bethany.  Rache

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about bryce but I guess it's better he got it early :-)  Nice of your mum to come round and give you a break - bless her xx

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jmoqueen/MyLife