Tuesday 22 August 2006

bloody people!! (but not you lot)

I have managed to have 2 arguments...sorry dissagreements with shane in 2 days.

1 Wedding invitations. we are having them printed with our names and the date on the front. He wanted his name first, said it was traditional. I tried to point out that if they were being sent from my parents my name should be first. I ordered them with my name first..........but put his name first on the order of srevice and napkins.......compromise i think that is called. his mum said he was right my mum said i was right....sigh!

2 His mother has told him that the parents come in the room when you sign the register and are the witnesses. I had already asked him if i could have Clare, matron of honour. He said that was ok as he was having his best man. Now he thinks what his mother says is right and i know nothing, hope this isnt going to be the way the whole time we are married. I told him its silly to even think of our parents being the witneses as there are 4 of them and only 2 can do the job....how would i choose which one???? love both my mum and dad to bits and wouldn't want to hurt either of them by asking the other.

I love Shane, I know that for sure. absolutely. definately, 100%, no doubt in my mind, but whatever his mum says goes as far as he is concerned. I have been telling my mum and as she is very diplomatic she has told me to just smile :).....but i cant. Its winding me up like mad. she has been telling me for ages that the flowers were going to cost her £600. I told my mum, thought she was going to pass out. The price changed quite quickly after i got a quote of £250 maximum, and was told i dont listen properly as that was for the flowers and the photographer.

Am i marrying Shane.....or Shane and his mother, who i love to bits i might add, but she is turning into a wedding control freek. if we ever have a baby I can see my mum and shanes mum fighting on the maternity ward over what the baby should be dressed in!

omg i'm sorry for ranting and raving.

I wish you could all come to my wedding

love you all lots and lots

Joanne

eBay.co.uk: Cinderella Wedding Castle Cake Topper (Your Colours) (item 320016319030 end time 21-Aug-06 10:43:25 BST)

go visit this link and you will see what i am hoping to have on the top of the wedding cake. we are having it made in cream with silver turrets and baby blue decoration. might have a glass horse and carriage on it, but definately NO feathers round the bottom!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear it all sounds horribly familiar ,It is good advice your Mum has given you ,and to some men, Mums word is law , they can be so  funny about their Mums ! Try not to let all this spoil things for you and Shane ..,.,.,.,. Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Joanne; you are right about the invites....the parents of the bride invite the guests unless ....hold on I will email you it is easier!

Anonymous said...

You are right about the invites. They come from the Bride's parents and the bride's name is mentioned first.  It is also correct for both sets of parents to be there for the signing even if only one of them is a witness. That was the way we had it and that it the way it was for our daughter.  The minister insisted upon it anyway.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Hm
We will need to sort out your width problem
Plus on the wedding front feel free to ask I have conducted about 1000 weddings probably more so I guess I know a thing or two!
For example it is traidtional for the parents to comne to the signing
but they are not the witnesses
the witnesses are the Best Man and Chief Bridesmaid.

Anonymous said...

Ok it is the ebay link that has caused the journal to go wide
You need to either highlight and change it's size or better still go to the item and drag the red heart into the journal and get rid of the long link.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear ! Joanne hope this dosn't cause too much of a problem ~ it is after all the Brides day ~ Just keep smiling as your Mum said ~ and do things the way you want them ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

My best mate had pretty much the same problem with her mother-in-law when they were trying to arrange the wedding - at the end of the day you must put your foot down as it's your day not hers ;-)  

Anonymous said...

Hi Joanne,
Good luck with the wedding preparations first of all. And with the computer repairs - £25 for delivery? Bit of a rip-off.

We met in the anniversary chatroom last Sunday, and wasn't it a laugh. I kept a copy of the chatlog, which you can view from the frontpage of my journal. I'm going round all the journals of people who were there (94).

Best wishes,

Guido
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip

Anonymous said...

Oh my...don't let this get you down...hope it is resolved by now...let us know.  I hope all goes well and you and Shane will have a happy life together...but get used to his Mum...she could be an issue if she is now...hugs and love,
Joyce