Thursday 9 November 2006

update

just to let you all know Bethany had her surgery as planned and everything went really well, she was a star! no tears (unlike me i cried for us both lol) and no tempers, just a very well behaved, relaxed little girl who loved all the attention!

She is pain free and eating as much as she would normally, infact if you didnt know you wouldnt even be able to tell she had an operation on tuesday. she vomited a couple of times last night which paniced me, but was ok, think it was just the after effects of the op.

I am on the mend now. When i woke on Tuesday morning i really felt bad still, so had decided i wouldnt go and that i would ask my mum if she would be ok on her own......think again! I got a call from dad at 8am to say mum couldnt come as she was really ill and couldnt move. so I pulled myself together, took a massive amount of paracetamol and ibuprofen and off we went. Shanes mum came with me which i was thankful for. Managed to get through the day (dont know how) on cola and coffee. When we woke on wednesday morning i was feeling so bad again i nearly passed out, so the nurses looked after Bethany while i sat outside on a bench at 7am in the morning in my nightie....i must of looked a sight! i then had a little cough and brought loads of blood up. decided there and then that i had better go to the dr's asap.

We were discharged really quick when i told them i was unwell and were home by 9:30. went to the dr and guess what i have......BLOODY TONSILLITIS! I have come out in sympathy with my daughter. I used to get a bad throat maybe once a year, but can never remember it being as bad as this, maybe its worse when you are an adult. Feel 75% better now!

Charlie was also sent home from school tuesday feeling ill with a temperature, he is better tonight. it never rains here it pours!

Mum is still feeling really bad. I am so worried about her, I wish she would visit the doctor.

I have to tell you that Shane has been so very good to all of us this week, my house has been like a hospital ward lol. both settee's with ill people wrapped up on them and even the floor was used for a bed at one point this week when i couldnt move! i have realised just how lucky I am to have him, and his mum was so good to me on tuesday.

Anyway it is getting late and i still have 4 nights of no sleep to catch up on so i will say goodnight to you all.

Love

Joanne  

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news about Bethany. Sorry you are unwell.  Hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

I am pleased little Bethany is doing ok and that hope that you all start feeling better soon.  Terry x

Anonymous said...

Joanne glad everyone is on the mend ~ Big {{{{Hugs}}}} for you all ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad all is well!!

Anonymous said...

So pleased everyone is feeling so much better ,good for Bethany ,all that worry and she was a star ,bless her ,hope your Mum soon feels better ,and good for Shane looking after all of you 'my hero ' tell him lol ,love to you all Jan xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Prayers answered for Bethany...so glad all is well,
Many hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

So glad everything went ok and Shane was there to support you all :-)  You are a lucky lady aren't ya ;-)  Sorry to hear you have tonsilititis now............let's hope it gets better soon

Jen xx

Anonymous said...

So glad it all went well, was thing of you
Denise
x

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Bethany's surgery went so well, a little star indeed ;o)
Sorry to read that you've been poorly too - ((((( hug for the poorly person ))))) - hope you feel lots better soon.  
And your Shane does sound lovely :o)
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Hope you're all on the mend now.  Isn't it wonderful, when the pressure's off ?  Do be careful with the ibuprofen: I had to have a blood transfusion after taking it for sciatica.....Expect the doc. has given you something for the tonsillitis.  Bunny.