Saturday 24 September 2005

oh woe is me!

Hello everybody, i hope you are well.

I knew it would happen...i'm sad and missing my mum and dad! They have only been gone since wednesday morning so its only been 3 and a bit days since i saw them...but i miss them so much it hurts. they are my rocks and apart from my friend clare, the only people i have in the world i can turn to.

They not allowed to ring while they are away as i normally manage to cry hearing their voices...not very grown up...and thats not fair on them as thay then think something has happened and i'm not telling them. I'll live just had to write how i was feeling!

Yesterday was traumatic! I went out in my car with baby Bryce and my godson Cory, (clares baby) to visit cory's grandad for a while, when i heard a deafening noise. thinking it was an aeroplane i ignored it. Several seconds later there it was again. "oh no, I hope thats not what i think it is" i thought to myself. I stopped the car and YES I had a puncture. OK I thought don't panic...get back in the car and drive up to a better place to stop (we were in the middle of the countryside on a narrow road with no path to pull onto), so I carried on up the road until I found a suitable place where I knew my boys would be safe and i was visable to other road users.

At this point i thought i had better phone up the grandad to tell him i would be late...no answer...thats ok he will answer shortly...at this point i could feel myself starting to panic. WHY did this happen when dad was away (told you something would!)

So i phoned grandad Bob again, "I'm now coming", he said "i'm on the drag won't be a minute". "I've got a puncture" as i said this I started to cry, and cry, and cry. Not because i was scared but because i had my babies and was worried!! "I'm now coming" grandad growled.

Suddenly I got a brain wave...WHY HAVEN'T YOU PHONED THE RAC YOU STUPID WOMAN??? So I did...they came..changed the wheel...and off we all went for a cuppa with grandad bob!

I feel so silly now for getting so upset!

We ended the day by going to Bet-Bets school for a coffee afternoon which was really good as i got to meet some of her new teachers and have a proper nose around the senior school where she started a few weeks ago!

Hope you all have a good weekend...casualty on the tv and homemade cottage pie for tea...yummy first one i have made in years!

love and hugs to all my friends!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good afternoon from here, Joanne.  I read about how much you miss your Mum and Dad.  You are so normal in your feelings and it is so nice this day and time to see someone care about their parents as you do.  I hope their return will be soon and you all can have one big family dinner.  That would be nice.  As for the flat tire...wow, you did a great job.  You called the right people, you saw to it you protected your children and then you got it fixed and went about to see your Grandfather as planned.  If you do not mind me asking, but what is a cottage pie?  It sounds good.  Hope you too, have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs and stay safe, give a big hug to your babies too from me.
Joyce

Anonymous said...

You made me feel sad reading this - and to get a puncture - well - what can I say, other than it was good it was daytime .....and light - could have been worse but it wasn't.......Having just said that I would have panicked especially with two Babes in the car  lol...
School Coffee afternoon sounded nice -  enjoy casualty and homemade cottage pie...Yum yum.......Ally

Anonymous said...

Such a long time since I had cottage pie, I shall have to make one.  I felt sad reading how much you miss your Mum and Dad.  It is wonderful that you are so close.  Always stay that way.  I wish I still had my parents, I would give so much to just hear their voices again.  Well, done on the puncture, you handled  it in the end.

Anonymous said...

Well, I think you handled everything just fine m'dear, well done you :o)
It's fantastic that you and your parents have such a good relationship, that is truly a thing to treasure, and of course you miss them.  They will be back soon though hon, and think how proud they will be that you handled yourself so well while they were gone.  
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

{{{ hugs for missin your parents }}}  I am fortunate to have mine living above me...  Glad the blown tire or "punture", as you brits say, worked out in the end and you got to see grandad!!

Love your journal!

Be well,
Dawn

http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/
Poetry:

Anonymous said...

hello you daft bugger you do worry so much oh jojo im so glad you are my very special friend i love you heaps xx clarabell

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, I would probably forget to phone them too

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww it's a shame you miss your mum and dad so much - I hope they are having a good holiday :-)  Fancy forgetting to ring the RAC.