Wednesday 5 October 2005

goodmorning

morning everyone!

I have made the call to the doctor for an appoitment for baby bryce. he is still covered with spots although they are only on his back. They look quite cross! I've managed to get myself in a state that he could have German Measels,as i'm sure this starts off with a cold...does anyone know if this is correct. He seems well in himself though although is a little more cuddly than usual.

When we get to the doctors we have to go into isolation!! Thats made me wonder if there is something going round!

Baby has been really well since he was born apart from the milk allergy and a chest infection when he was smaller. Its funny when you are a mummy you know when something is wrong...even when the PROFESSIONALS swear your child is completely well. this has happened to my bet-bet and bryce.

1. bethany had been ill for days, i had taken her to the doctors loads of times to be told she was ok....funny! if i was unable to breath i wouldn't say i was well. she went to her respite care for a couple of hours to so that i could have a little rest. They brought her home early saying they were concered with her beathing...so I phoned NHS direct fior advice as the dodctor wasn't interested.

5 minutes later when the ambulance with blue lights and sirens pulled up was one of the most frightening moments of my life.

off we went to hospital, she was looked at breifly and shoved in a room. "her chest does sound clear" said the doctor "we will do some obs and then see whats whats. ok i thought at least we in the right place.

BUT, when they put a thing on her finger to test the amount of oxygen in her blood all hell broke out....it was supposed to be 98-99% oxygen in the blood, Bet-bets was only 75%.

I have never seem people panic so much...on went the oxygen mask we were put in a nice room with a bed and treated like royalty...i have often wondered if this is because they realised i had been right all along!

we ended up in hospital with double pneumonia for a week and convalesing for another 2....when i go the gp now he normally is waiting with a prescription ready for me! i just think its a pity they didn't listen in the first place.

2. when baby bryce was born i attempted to feed him myself...it was ok for a few days but i just couldn't manage it so i put him on the bottle...no i didn't feel guilty at this point as he had had all the milk that was full of goodness from me. withindays he had the most horrendous dioarohea. off to the doctors...no he's fine. off to the health visitor...he is gaining weight so therefore must be fine. different doctor...see how it goes for a few weeks.

By this time my poor baby was pooing quicker than he was eating so was at the point of drinking bottles every 2 hours...boy this was hard as for 2 weeks i didn't even manage to hardly get into bed let alone sleep.

When his nappies eventually ended up with mucas in them instead of poo we went back again to the doctor and i told him...MY BABY HAS GOT A MILK ALLERGY...DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT NOW OR I WILL TAKE HIM TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM MYSELF.

so we got a script for soya milk went home and....yes i was right again...he slept for 6 hours without a murmur or a poo or a tummy ache. it was like having a different baby. if he has anything with milk in it now he gets a really bad tummy ache and terrible diarrohea for days afterwards

So hopefully he will get on ok later...i don't think it is heat spots though as they would of gone by now and he isn't hot.

I will let you all know later how he gets on...I'm sure he will be fine!

this has turned out to be a long entry...sorry!

I just hope its not measels as i won't be able to see ma and pa for a while when they come home.......

hope you all have a good day

love

JOANNE

p.s i'm feeling better today...i found some antibitics from a sinus infection a few months ago which i started taking last night which i started taking yesterday which i know is a bit naughty but i just cannot be ill when i have my babies to look after! 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope the Dr finds what is wrong with your baby right away. It always scared me when one of mine got sick or something went wrong. They are grown now but I still worry about them. Tee worring never stops for a mother. Helen

Anonymous said...

Aww Joanne, I know the kind of worry you're feeling, the Docs is the best place for Bryce, I wouldn't even guess with small kiddies.  You're doing the right thing.

Hope you feel better soon but I'm wondering about taking antibiotics from a while ago..........ask the Doc whilst you're there about you as well.  (((((( hugs ))))) that everything goes ok, let us know. Rache xx

Anonymous said...

Oh Joanne - I should think your head is in a spin - having to cope with three children - I'm glad you are feeling better - but do check with the Doctor about taking them old antibioics....And Mother always know's when her child is ill - they should learn to listen to you....Take car and keep us informed...Ally

Anonymous said...

Fairly certain it is not German Measles....Angela went down with it on her 2nd birthday and the rash was all over and no sign of a cold!!!! Hope you are all well really soon Jo, my thoughts are with you!

Anonymous said...

Not sure if you should be taking those old antibiotics. For one they might be out of date, secondly you have to have a complete course and not just a few.  I am sure by the time you read this you will have spoken to the doctor.  Yes, a mother always knows best.  Hope that Bryce is soon feeling much better.

Anonymous said...

so happy you have appointment lined up for Baby Bryce...keep us posted.  Wow, you have been through a lot......and so happy you are feeling better and on antibiotics yourself....hugs and keep us posted on Baby Bryce!!!
Hugs,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I completely understand what your saying about the doctors - my mum had the same problem with them when my appendix burst.  First they told her it was food poisoning and suspected her!!  Eventually some other doctor came to see me and I was immediately rushed to hospital!!

Anonymous said...

My great nephew had spots all over him when he was an infant. They called it something but was nothing more than a skin rash that babies sometimes gets. It looked horrible. He is in my prayers!