Tuesday 4 October 2005

what a night

Well hello to everyone who reads my journal.

I was going to write about my day out with Clare tonight, but have changed my mind...no offence Clare it was lovely us being together with our babies!

My dear sweet baby bryce has developed spots all over his back! he has got the cold bug that i have so i'm wondering if maybe it has spread to some other part of him. I know mine has gone to my chest.

bryce has never ever been any problem to put to bed. Half 7 and up he goes wether he is tired or not, i learned my lesson with charlie boy about getting them up if they moan, he still doesn't go to bed now. tonight was a different matter!

Moan Moan Grizzle Grizzle...if i do it load she might come...scream. OK son i get the message you don't want to go to bed. So down he comes and laughs at me. I let him run for 10 minutes then tell him...back to bed baby NO ARGUMENTS. So back we go bryce laughing and kissing me. gets into the cot, plays silly man as always not letting me cover him up, smiles like an angel, then screams and sreams and screams.

Now i have watched the tv programs where you are told let them cry, check on them, but let them cry. But boy, i never ever knew my boys lungs were that good. back up i went to try and settle him and he litterally jumped out of his cot and held on to me so hard i thought he was going to draw blood.

He finally collapsed on my lap about 20 minutes later still giving little sobs...so I think it will be doctors for both  of us first thing in the morning. I don't think the spots are anything nasty they dissapeared when i put a glass on them so fingers crossed he has a sore throat or ears.

Oh i really wish my mum was here. She would of been straight round tonight to help me and decide what the spots are! only 36 more hours till we can go round and give them loads of hugs and kisses...if we are all healthy enough anyway!

Lots of love to you, and thanks for all the possitive comments you all gave me on my last entry...you all made me feel so much better about myself. Who needs a man anyway...not me!

RIP RONNIE BARKER....NEVER WILL WE FORGET SOMEONE SO FUNNY

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi hun i am kinda glad you didn't write about our day all of the boys filled with cold you sniffing now i have a sore throat ummmm lovely thanks for taking me to mt appointment today jojo i love you hun xx clarabell

Anonymous said...

i Would take him to a dr..might be chicken pox!

Anonymous said...

Hiya Joanne, Bryce is probably fine cos the rash is no doubt bought on due to a cold....my kids used to be spotty when poorly....come to think if it they were spotty from babies till they were grown up, LOL!!!!!

Anonymous said...

awwww.hope Bryce is soon better-and you.let us know how you get on at the doctors.take care,hugs xxx lyn

Anonymous said...

Aww, poor little Bryce :o(
(Did I mention before that I love that name?)
It sounds like you have everything under control though for tonight, and a trip to the Dr.s tomorrow will set your mind at rest.  My J once frightened me silly with a rash that covered his tummy and back, but it was just a heat rash from having a temperature.  I hope he, and all of you, feel better soon, and that Bet-bet doesn't catch it.
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

If Bryce is running a temperature, the spots could be caused by that but I think a trip to the doctor would be wise.  He probably feels poorly and wants to be with you and that is why he played up at bedtime, bless him.  We will be waiting to hear how you get on, hope you are both better soon. xxxx

Anonymous said...

Joanne,

Did you give him any meds for the sniffles?  In some kids they can cause them to be a bit hyper...and sometimes, that happens even if it didn't last time.  

I hope the spots turn out okay and please post about your doc appt and let us know how you BOTH are doing!

Be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Yes, a trip to the docs would be good just to put your mind at reat. He was probably playing up because he felt unwell.

Anonymous said...

Oh no...hope and pray baby Bryce is okay...please get him to a doctor and let him check spots...as experienced as I am with 6 kids behind me...I run them all to the doc....you take care too.
Hugs,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

It must be difficult though to just leave them when they are screaming the place down.  I hope you'll feel better for when your parents get home :-)