Wednesday 5 October 2005

oh my god....

I have just returned from our local hospital. My dear baby Bryce decided it would be really good fun to twizzle round and round and round......

Yes you guess he fell over onto the corner of the coffee table and has well and truly smashed his ear. It is black! there was blood. I was hysterical...yes i know the worst thing you can do...but he is my babe and it was his first proper accident.

They were going to glue up the damaged bit of ear but didn't because it is so swollen with blood and fluid and will need an exit point so it doesn't turn to puss.

No sleep for me tonight i think...will be laying with 1 eye open listening incase he is sick

night night everyone. i will do another entry to let you know how master accident prone is doing...

lots of love

JOANNE

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness me!!  You poor thing I hope he's okay :-)

Anonymous said...

awwww poor Bryce,hope he's soon on the mend.Hugs to both of you xxx lyn

Anonymous said...

Poor you, hope you get a little sleep......he will be okay I'm sure!My thoughts are with you and Bryce of course.

Anonymous said...

Poor Bryce. You have to watch them like a hawk, accidents happen so quickly.  Whilst you were at the hospital, did you ask them to check out his spots?  Hope he gets better soon.

Anonymous said...

I keep telling my son that's not a good idea, so far we've managed to avoid it. Now I've mentioned that I can just bet it will happen now. Hope Bryce gets better soon, poor mite

Anonymous said...

Oh nooooo, hope he is okay...and yes, this probably will be a night of no sleep, but that is what comes with motherhood...we all know that...and me as a grandma 4 times...hey...I am still up all night when the young are not well...it is the natual forces of being a Mum!  I pray he will be okay and you will get some rest...hope your Mum and Dad are home by now to help out a bit...I know they missed all of you so much...I know I would!!!
Hugs,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Hope baby's ear soon get well, bless his heart. Helen

Anonymous said...

Oh Joanne!  What a week you are having!  I am sending you these hugs from across the pond...imagine a soft chubby momma friend giving them to you because I have been there, my dear!!  {{{ hugs and love }}}

Be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Oh no I hate that when they get hurt. Hope he gets well soon and that Mama can calm down a bit too.....Sandi

Anonymous said...

Oh poor baby Bryce, he's not having a good week is he, bless him.
I remember the trip we had to the emergency room when J fell off a chair and whacked his chin on the table.  It's scary when there's blood isn't it!  Hope his ear gets better quickly.
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Poor little Bryce....Hope there will be no permanent damage to his ear..Do hope you and Bryce get a good nights sleep.....Take care...Ally

Anonymous said...

aww poor Bryce ((( ))), can understand the panic. Kids will twizzle the little darlings. Rache xx

Anonymous said...

Poor Bryce!Hope hes better now.

Anonymous said...

He is in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Come back JoJo - I want to know how you all are doing!!

Be well,
Dawn

http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/
Poetry: