Monday 3 October 2005

i'm still about

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to let you all know i am still about but haven't done an entry for a few days as last week wasn't really a good one for me.

I split up with my boyfriend. Only been with him 3 months but it seemed longer than that. I realised on Monday morning that all the promises he had been making me...I will fall in love with you...I think we will live together...I love your kids...were just ways for him to get a good home cooked meal every night, all his washing and ironing done, and errands run amongst other things. I finally woke up and decided that i was in love with the idea of being in love...does this sound strange? I have been on my own now since June 2003 (apart from the above mentioned) sothe attention he gave me was lovely... I must have been wearing my rose collered glasses though.

When he said things like "you should be walking to the shops everyday to loose some weight" i must of been in cookoo land...he knew how i looked when we met. I don't think i'm badly overweight, size 16 is acceptable i think. yes i could do with shifting a few pounds, and yes i might feel better for it, but i need to do it because i want to and not being told too!

Anyway....I went for bet-bets parents evening. she has settled well in the high school and there are no problems really to report, apart from she does take her time to go inside after outdoor playtime. The teachers have assigned her a student helper now to encourage her to be a bit quicker! Good luck i say...she is as stubourn as a mule!

Most of last week was spent with my clare and her baby, cory...my godson! He is so totally perfect. I didn't realise it was possible to love a baby so much that you didn't actually give birth too. He has started to crawl this week which i think is smashing...especially when he crawled straight for me yesterday when they were here for dinner...that gave me wet wet eyes i can tell you.

Only got a few days left till ma and pa return from their holiday...it seems like a lifetime that they have been away. i will be at their house first thing thursday morning for a cuddle and so they can see baby bryce. They phoned on Wednesday tea time. It was so funny when they spoke to Bryce...he was totally dumb founded and was unable to speak for at least 5 minutes afterward from shock!

Baby bryce and I have managed to get a cold from somewhere, so we are going to be staying home alday all nice and warm. It seems so cold today...maybe thats because i'm under the weather. He is eating an apple at the moment...i have never seem a baby eat so much fruit before! He has a bad milk allergy so most sweets are not allowed so he has fruit instead...thats good though as some children wont eat much fruit. I LOVE HIM SO MUCH.

I will go now as i want to put the fire on and try to warm my bones up! we all have to be better by thursday so we can go see m,a and pa...mum has bad rheumatoid arthritis so we not allowed near when we are ill as she has poor immunity and it would make her really ill if she even caught a common  cold.

Thanks to everyone who has been enquiring as to my whereabouts! didn't know i had people looking out for me!

Love and warm feelings to you all

JOANNE

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about your weight-i'm a size 16 too! I'm glad that your daughter has settled in well at schoo-well done to her,and hugs and xxxx to her too. xxxLyn

Anonymous said...

Believe me you are well shot of him!  A man who would say a thing like that and try and damage your self-esteem is not worth the time and the effort.  Yes, you can be in love with the idea of being in love.  I am sure the right person is out there for you somewhere.  Well done to your daughter.

Anonymous said...

Hi Joanne, so pleased to see an entry from you...I have been chatting with clare via email and trust she passed on my good wishes to you. It is wierd how realisation suddenly hits you isn't it!!!! Take care darlin', there is someone there for you and he will appear when you least expect it!!!!

Anonymous said...

I feel so bad for what you are going through but you are well to move on...it is his loss, not yours...remember that.  So sorry some of you in your family are down with a cold...lots of illness going around in our town too.  I know you are looking forward to your Mum and Dad to arrive home....what a homecoming that will be ...so excited for all.  You take care and get some rest and get better.  Hugs...Joyce

Anonymous said...

We have the lurgy here too, it's only a matter of time until hubby and I catch it off the little one!!  I do hope that you are all better for Thursday, I know how you've missed your parents while they've been away.
As for the boyfriend, I think you had a lucky escape there m'dear.  Size 16... I wish I was a size 16!  You are a beautiful girl Joanne, inside and out.  I just know that there is a guy out there somewhere that will love you and your kids the way you deserve to be loved.  
Take care sweetheart, and feel better soon.
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

"Forget love...I'd rather fall in Chocolate"     I totally understand.  I once heard that men are like parking spaces...the good ones are taken and the rest are handicapped.  Be happy with yourself and your family. And keep your chin up.  When you lest expect it, Mr. Right will come along.

Anonymous said...

So sorry Joanne. Sorry to hear you've a chill too, hope that fire is keeping you cosy and warm. Rache xx

Anonymous said...

Cheek of your Ex telling you to walk - to lose weight, you definitely are better off without someone like him....and it's his loss - glad you woke up to what he is - get rid of your rose coloured glasses..Someone genuine is just waiting for you round the corner...enjoy Thursday I expect Mum and Dad will be glad to see you as much as you are waiting to see them...Ally

Anonymous said...

Definately his loss, hope you're pleased you found the clear lenses

Anonymous said...

I think you've done the right thing :-)  I've been single for a year and could relate to everything you've mentioned - I'm glad your ok though!!  Sorry to hear about your cold - there's a lot going round unfortunately!!

Anonymous said...

Joanne,

Sounds like you were right to send off the boyfriend, and I understand what you mean...the idea of love can push us into crazy things.  I pray that the real thing will find you and you it.

Size 16?  I would take it in a heartbeat, thanks to my rheumatoid arthritis and having to take prednisone and the weight from pregnancies...I am above there now I am sad to say.

So good to hear from you!  Of course, Clare did let us know you were there, but I was worried and I am so glad you are posting!

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Hope you and baby get well before your parents come home. No a person doesn't need to try to change a person they meet. If they don't like the looks of them then just stay away to start with. After all what you see is what you get huh? Helen

Anonymous said...

Just spend all your precious time with your lovely kids,you dont need to be washing anyones socks ,especially someone who tells you to lose weight. . the cheeky mare!

Anonymous said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

So sorry you are ill....I hope, you will soon be feeling much better...
also sounds like you had a busy week.  A;so baby Bryce...hope he is better too.  Hugs,
Joyce